JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have had a Canon MX892 printer that bought in 2013 at

Customer Question

I have had a Canon MX892 printer that bought in 2013 at Fryer's. Recently, I printed 8 pages from the internet web site, the Canon gave out only one page, then stopped with the message on the panel : ' The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head.
Could you help me to solve the problem, so I can continue the rest of the document of 7 pages?
Thanks in advance,
Kim
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem. Apparently, your printhead became dislodged while printing the first page of your print job. You will need to remove the ink cartridges and reseat the printhead. Fortunately, this is an easy procedure on your printer. Please select the following link to an illustrated guide, which will show you how to do this.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/my-canon-mx892-will-not-print-because-of-error-U052/td-p/36698

If you need help following the instructions, or if you have any questions, please let me know. If you need for me to make the description easier to understand, I can go through the procedure with you and make sure that you understand and are doing each step correctly.