Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Changed the printer cartridges and now it is stuck on

Customer Question

Changed the printer cartridges and now it is stuck on (xerror 88/69 It keeps asking me to press the OK button to replace ink cartridges....(i already did that). But it won't go any further, it just keeps X Error
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That means the cartridge(s) is/are not being recognized by the printer.

Try removing the new cartridges, putting them back into their packaging for now, and then unplugging the printer, closing up its covers, and leaving it Off and unplugged from the power for overnight or at least 4 hours.

Then try it again, powering it On without any cartrides at all in it, then waiting after turning it On to have it signal what problem it detects... and if it doesn't show the X Error 88/69, then put only one of the new cartridges you saved into it at first.

Then see what error it shows when you close it up on that one cartridge.

Then if it still doesn't show the X Error, continue by adding in another saved cartridge... until the X Error comes up again, and then the cartridge you just put in is the defective/damaged/damaging one.

Note: never touch the copper-colored contacts on the cartridges with your fingers. That ruins them, often. And don't wear anything of wool while doing all this... it saves up static electricity to discharge into the printer or the cartridges, possibly damaging for ruining it/them.

Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.