Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Canon iP8720 printer, and i guess i did not print

Customer Question

Customer: i have a Canon iP8720 printer, and i guess i did not print photos for a while and now that i started printing again my photographs come out with this greenish color
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i'm trying to print my photos and i use canon photo paper plus glossy II now and before this issue came out. Is it my printing head that needs cleaning or something else
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would advise you to try doing two or three Head Cleaning cycles, using the Maintenance functions in your printer's software.

Allow at least 5 minutes between Head Cleanings. This allows waste ink to soak into the printhead, thoroughly.

The purpose is to rinse the printhead with a bit of wasted ink. And that will wash away, probably, the ink that has turned greenish with time and aging.

I have often heard of 'printout greenish' problems that were solved this way, so I think it will work. Let me know, please. Thanks.