Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Stylus Pro 4800. I just downloaded the driver

Customer Question

I have a Stylus Pro 4800. I just downloaded the driver for my MacbookPro but when I try to print 13 x 19 sheets, it doesn't let me. It doesn't identify Super A3 or SuperB Paper as an option...it always defaults to 8.5 x 11. (None of the paper options are more than 11 inches. Been working for about 5 hours on this but am totally stuck.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When trying to get to 13 x 19 (Super A3/B) paper, I got this info in a dialog box: "The page size limits as defined by the PPD are a minimum width of 2 in and a maximum width of 8.5 in"I am changing venues now...will be at new location at 8:00 EST.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you try loading the larger media in the manual feed slot. That may help.

Also make sure you have set the 13 x 19 as a 'Custom Size', in the printer's driver settings on the computer.

Also, that error message seems to be one from Adobe software. Are you printing a PDF file in Adobe Acrobat? if so, you might want to try printing from FoxIt Reader instead - last I heard, it was much better, and more flexible and capable, at printing PDF files.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your reply.
I'm confident that changing to manual feed would not fix the problem. (I would have to feed manually from the rear, which is a problem in itself.) I'm trying to print a tif file, not a pdf. I tried (about 10 times) to use the Custom Size and make it 13 x 19, but before I could proceed, it always reverted to 8 1/2 x 11. ALL of the paper size options were small...I used to see larger sizes, like SuperA3/B but no more. The driver I downloaded for the 4800 just doesn't seem to be working (I reinstalled once). I tried printing using another computer, which has Colorburst on it (that's how I used to print), but I couldn't get the computer and printer to talk to each other. I'm totally stumped.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just deleted what I think was an old printer driver and that seems to have fixed my problem. Thanks.

I'm glad to hear that the problem was solved by whatever means.

Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com. Please feel welcome to return at any time, and as needed, to ask another question, in any one of our numerous categories.