John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One has stopped printing.

Customer Question

My HP Photosmart C6280 All-in-One has stopped printing. Messages say "Pump Motor stalled" and "Ink System has failed." I have plenty of ink in the machine. Is this fixable, by me? **** ****
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing Ja for your support needs. Sorry for the issue. Here are some steps to try.

Chime in and let me know of your results...

1. Without turning off the printer, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer.

NOTE:

The USB cable connects to the port on the rear of the printer. The port is labeled with the USB icon (). If your printer has a network or wireless connection, ignore this step.

Figure : Example USB connection (your printer might not look exactly the same as this example)

2. Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.

3. Wait until a message to insert the ink cartridges displays. If you do not see a message within a few minutes, skip to step 4 to disconnect the power cord.

NOTE:

If your printer does not have a control panel, wait until the ink cartridge lights blink. If the ink cartridge lights do not blink within a few minutes, skip to step 4 to disconnect the power cord.

4. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

5. Wait 60 seconds.

6. Reconnect the power cord. If the printer does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.

7. Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close any open doors on the printer.

8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.

9. If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the printer.

10. Try to print.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are over a week late. For one thing, the most important question was the one about the pump motor stalling and was that something I could fix on my on. Too late...bought another printer! And....I'm not too happy that you tried to charge $35 on my Visa before you even gave me an answer. This is not good business practice!!

I did not Sir or Madam. Were you asked to purchase more Services? If so I did not send them to you. The JA System did. Now, where are we with this issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no longer need your help.

Not a problem. Have a Happy New Year...