Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I am trying to connect via Bluetooth my new Mac Mini to Your

Customer Question

I am trying to connect via Bluetooth my new Mac Mini to Your Lexmark 310. Can you send me a download?***@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hey Nathan. I just said something to that effect to my lovely wife.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did not realize phone was more. Just thought it might be easier for you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

The issue here is that bluetooth isn't an option, this is a pretty basic model printer, and it does not support bluetooth connectivity, regardless of driver/software/downloads.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

You can connect the printer to your home wifi router, then configure it on the mac that way, but you can't do wifi direct or bluetooth.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do I use wi fi router?
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

You would have to plug an ethernet cable in to your router, and the other end to the printer.

That adds the printer to the network, so the computer than "see" it.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.