Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Printer does not print documents from my from my SONY

Customer Question

Printer does not print documents from my from my SONY laptop. End up in the que and indicating ready
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What operating system is on the sony?

How is the printer connected?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Operating system : Windows 7connected to WIFI
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming,

I had actually not intended to reply to your initial question (accidental post), but wanted to get some more info to route you to another tech. I've opted out, and someone else will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

go to the devices and printers folder

delete the printer from there

then hit the button that says to add a printer

let it scan the network.

if it finds the printer just click next next next and let it re install it

it should work then

if it is not found on the network let me know. It means that the printer is no longer connecting to the router and you have to reset that the way you did when you first purchased the printer

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have done what you have instructed me to do. A windows test page was printed out, but in trying from to print something
from the computer; does NOT print!

ok so that i am clear when you did the install of the printer again it printed the test page

if you go to devices and printers and

right click on the printer

select PRINTER PROPERTIES

and click print a test page

it prints

that means the problem is with the program that you are printing from

when you go to print click on where it says which printer you are printing to

make sure there are not 2 with a similar name. and that you are printing to the correct one

if that doesn't work or it wont print the test page again check the printer itself for any errors.

and after that i think it is going to get a lot more complicated and it might be an issue with the windows print system and it would be a lot easier if i logged in remotely to fix it for you. I have put up an offer to do so as an additional service. If you accept that i can do it this afternoon or any time tomorrow.