Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have a canon mf 8580 laser printer. im trying to print 6

Customer Question

i have a canon mf 8580 laser printer. im trying to print 6 3/4 envelopes but the printer is not reading it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

what tray are you putting the envelopes in and what program are you using to print them

what error are you getting when you try ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Using word 2010. I put in the multiple tray. It work before but now nothing. Seems the mt bypass is not reading the envelopes in feeder . It thinks it printing ltr paper in the drawer. That what come out.

You should be able to tell it what drawer to pull it out of in the print options in the word under the envelope wizard.

that printer can print envelopes from the main paper tray as well so it has to be told either what is in what tray or which tray you are printing from

I can log in remotely to do it for you if you cant find it. but there is a printing option button where you select what envelopes to use. that has a tab for printer that shows exactly where to feed it and in what direction. You can adjust that.

Also the envelopes might not be pushed in far enough to register. But i would say it is more likely the settings.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok we can do that in the morning. Left my office

i will be here around noon CST tomorrow.

as soon as you accept the offer i can get you my phone number and a remote link

thanks.