Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have reinstalled brother mfc-6490cw and cc3 from brother

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** - i have reinstalled brother mfc-6490cw and cc3 from brother online for my same printer but scansoft paperport11 is missing...and cd from brother for win 7 does not seem to have it on it either. i found it online and downloaded it PP11STD_v8263 and it unzips to including AUTORUN.EXE but when I click on that it says it will download to C:\Users\user\Downloads\PP11STD_v8263 but that does not work when I try to scan in CC3 as OCR which says there is no OCR software! Where should I down load it to on C:\ above?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: have just explained above..my cds that came with MFC-6490CW are for Windows XP and a separate disc from Brother for Win 7 but neither of them work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes if I can pay using PayPal?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

does the zip file have a setup.exe on it ?

try running that instead of the autorun