Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

My HP950 printer says, "Warming up" never printing
, It

Customer Question

Customer: My HP950 printer says, "Warming up" never printing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It asked me to check the Color printer cartridge and I bought the new color cartridge and placed it today and it printed testing page ok then I send a document to the printer and it says 'Warming Up." but it never prints .. What could be the problem?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Are you sure you will fix the problem?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 11 months ago.

Before we begin, I want to clarify a issue, as this is a online site, I can only suggest what you can do to fix the problem, but it is not possible for us to repair your printer or replace any parts, if needed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I understand you are not going to fix my printer but you will make a suggestion to fix the printing problem problem is when I send a document to printer it says Warming up and never prints it give me an advice

Yes, that is what I mean. Can you tell me, if you are getting the error message on the printer screen or computer ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I would rather type and read your direction thru this

Sorry, I do not understand your reply.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It display Warming up in the printer console

Is it showing for a long time ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it stays like that indefinitely any suggestion

OK try the following and let me know, if you have not tried it yet.

Remove the power cord from the printer

Wait for 10 mins.

Reconnect the power cord and let me know, what happens.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just disconnected power from the printer and I will reconnect power to the printer in ten minutes wait till ten minutes

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well I am still waiting for ten minutes to pass and will see what happens ok

OK, we will try other steps, if this step fail.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I reconnected power to printer and it doesn't say warming up but a red light flashes fr the center.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Give me an advice

Can you tell me, which red light is flashing ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Red light is flashing from Copy button which has printer picture on it any advice

OK, now press the power button to turn off the printer and then turn it on after few secs.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I pushed power button off and turned it on after a few seconds and it showed green on copy button and then it flashes red lights from the copy button same as before any advice

Press the copy button and let me know, what do you see on the printer screen ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I pressed copy button and it says press option for setting or start to begin

Please try to make a copy of any document or photo and let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I sent a word document to the printer and printer says Warming up at printer console but it never prints any advice

I asked you to make a copy of a document, why did you try to print from the PC ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry about that but when I tried to copy a document by placing a doc and start it still says Warming up and never prints it

Thanks, ***** ***** what I wanted to know. Now, as you are facing the problem while copying, it means the problem is related with the printer parts and most probably the new cartridge is damaged to low temerature, replace the cartridge should solve the problem. This is not rare problem, this can happen due to low temp. in winter, while it was stored in the store or home. As this is a manufacturing fault, you should get a free replacement from the store.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i bought a new color cartridge and placed it and it printed test pages ok Can I place new black cartridge and try print doc again

You can, but I don;t think it will solve the problem. Try one thing, get new black cartridge and replace the color cartridge from the store, just tell them, the new color cartridge is not working, they should replace it free of cost, as most of the cartridges have a 7 days warranty.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I placed new black cartridge and it prints a test page ok with color and black inks why can't it print a document

Do you get the same message ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I send a doc to printer there is no Warming up message but it doesn't print a document when I check the status of printer queue it doesn't show status very strange

Can you try to make a copy.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Any reason why it cannot print or copy but it says Warming up

Are you getting that message, again ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I get same msg. warming up

I got some more information about this problem, can you check the scanner lamp and let me know, if it is lit or not ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Scanner lamp green light is on

Thanks, ***** ***** done a littl reserch on this problem and found out another aspect. This problem can be caused due to problem is scanner mechanism also. As this is a all in one printer, fault in one part will cause problem in performing other operations. You can try the last soution, which you can try at home, if the problem persist then, you have to repair the printrer.

Follow these steps to perform a partial reset:

1. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

2. Press and hold the # ***** 3 keys while you simultaneously reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

3. Make a color copy of any document by pressing the Start Copy Color button on the control panel.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did power off and tourned it on with pound 3 and tried printing color copy and it said color copy queued and Warming up. Never prints. Can we talk over the emai timlee

This is the last solution, which you can try at home, as the problem do not get solved, I will recommend you to repair the printer. But, honestly speaking, it will be better to get a new printer, as this printer model is out of date and the repairing cost of this printer will be more than the price of a new printer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you recommend I repair the printer don't you know the answer to the probl

This is a hardware fault, if you want to repair the printer at home then, let me know. I will try to help. I told you to repair the printer, because that is solution for this problem and without any experience, it will be difficult for you the repair the printer at home. If you still want to repair the printer at home then, I will definately help you, but remember I can only give you the steps and you have do the job.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will repair it at home. Can you send me the steps in email

All our conversation is already in your email, OK let me check the for the service manual, because without that you will not able to dismatle the printer completely and without doing that, you will not able to repair the printer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will you send me the service manual info

Yes, let me check, if it is still available online or not and I will let you know in few mins.

I am extremely sorry, I will not be able to help you, because I have found a link to download the service manual, but they are charging $60 for the manaul, I don't think buying the manual for the repair will be economical idea, as you will get a refurbished printer in that price. First, you have to get that manual and then you have to buy parts to repair the printer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I wil try to get it somewhere thank you. Have a nice day

Thanks and Happy New Year in advance.