Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

We have a Brother printer - MFC-J625DW - and each time we

Customer Question

We have a Brother printer - MFC-J625DW - and each time we are required to reset our computer we lose the printer settings which means, until now, we've needed external help at a cost to restore them.
Q: Other than 'external help to restore settings' is there another, cost effective way to print and scan e.g. cable between desktop and printer?
Many thanks,
A & b Edge
Western Australia
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

In my opinion the most cost effective solution would be to learn how to set the printer settings ( I assume wireless ) whenever you have to reset your computer. Once you know how to do it, its cost free.

Of course, a USB cable connection is much more reliable and easier to set up then wireless. For good measure, it would probably be best if you had 2 separate procedures to refer to. One for setting up wireless, and one for setting up USB.

When you can please send a reply and let me know if you would like to go over those procedures together, and get the printer setup.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.