John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Cannon mx890 series printer ---the computer comes up and

Customer Question

Cannon mx890 series printer ---the computer comes up and says it is not responding. it has done this for a long time. I have been using a brother, but need to use my cannon
Category: Printers
Expert:  JA Engineer replied 11 months ago.

Good day to you.

Here are a couple of things that you can try:

TRY THIS FIRST:

Plug the Canon printer into a different USB port and try re-connecting to it. Doing this has often worked for me when my printer is not responding. If that does not work, try the steps below.

(1) Unplug the Canon and Brother printers from the computer and uninstall the drivers for the Canon printer from the computer.

(2) Restart your computer and re-install the drivers for the Canon printer by placing the driver disc into the CD drive and following the instructions. In most cases, you have to start installing the drivers before you are asked to physically connect the printer.

(3) Try printing from the Canon printer once you have finished re-installing the drivers.

Let me know if either option works.