Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

We are trying to hook up our new printer a 5540 and it asks

Customer Question

We are trying to hook up our new printer a 5540 and it asks for an alignment pagttwhich we do not have. Pease add vice.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The steps below will help you to print an alignment page, and then use it to align the printer. If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

1. Make sure to load the input tray with plain, white paper.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup .

The Setup menu displays.

3. Touch Tools, and then touch Align Printer.

An alignment page prints.

1. Place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass. Position it according to the engraved guides around the glass.

2. Close the scanner lid, and then touch OK.

The printer aligns the ink cartridges.