Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have an Epson 800 printer, I cannot get it to type my

Customer Question

I have an Epson 800 printer, I cannot get it to type my invoices. I just put a new ink and I can print from the utilities tests, howerver, it won't print my invoices? Can you help me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 11 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
USB

Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
MY computer is a G3 (I know it's old) and not connected to internet, so is the printer. I use it only for our invoices, I guess like a word processor. Please help me figure a way to get it printing again. Thanks

Thank you for the update.

Please, do the following:
- Click the Apple icon on the top left
- Click System Preferences
- Click the Printers icon
- Right click the empty area on the list of printers (on the left side of that window) and choose "Reset Printing System".
- Reset the printing system.
- Unplug the usb cable that is connecting the printer to the computer, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in.
- If the printer doesn't re-appear in the list, click the + sign button and choose the printer.
- Install the Printer.

After all of that is complete, are you able to print?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Jason,
Is it possible that I can call you? What is your # ? or you call me?(###) ###-####

No, sorry. A phone call is not possible right now. We can use this chat page.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay, I checked my hard drive and I installed the Epson printer under my Extentions. Is this wrong?

I don't think it is wrong. Did you follow my instructions? Are you able to print?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The ink comes out on the test, however, it does not come out on the invoices. I only get a blank page.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Jason
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

if it is printing a blank page that sounds more like a software issue than a printer issue.

can you do a preview of the invoice and see if it shows data on that please ?