Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Paper keeps jamming

Customer Question

paper keeps jamming
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I dont have a day. I thought you were going to answer now. I want a refund and I will call Lexmark,
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am sorry that your case was not answered sooner (I was unavoidably offline and not working for a while, myself.)

I think that, even with your request for a refund, you still deserve some sort of an answer.

When repetitive and persistent paper jams occur, if the paper feeds into the printer before the Jam notice stops it from working, over and over, then usually the paper is being misfed in some fashion by a roller (paper feed or paper pickup rollers, rubber or plastic, mounted on a spindle or propelled by a motor). When misfed, cleaning the rollers can help. Cleaning the rollers is done by removing paper trays and paper, and reaching into the printer with a clean lint-free rag cloth moistened with rubbing alcohol (or cheap whiskey if you have no rubbing alcohol) and rubbing the paper-contacting surfaces off three times over, firmly.

Sometimes a repetitive paper jam indication can be owing to a sensor switch that is jammed, fouled, broken off, or not registering with the circuitry for whatever reason. These are obstinate paper jam cases, and require the printer be repaired in the majority of cases, unless the printer's owner can find the paper sensor switch, diagnose its problem, and relieve the condition.

Good luck with Lexmark. As for a refund, I have now power as a JustAnswer Expert over billing and payments and subscription terms etc. For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.