Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

How do I increase the heat setting (fuser temperature) on a

Customer Question

Hi There,
How do I increase the heat setting (fuser temperature) on a Fuji Xerox 3105 laser printer.
We are printing on A3 200 GSM paper and need it to be hotter to transfer the toner properly
Thanks
Lauren
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

If you make a Custom Paper Profile you can change the Image Transfer, which is an adjustment to the voltage (bias) at the fuser from 50% to 150%

To make a Custom Paper "Profile", first log in, press Machine Status, Chose the tool tab, Paper tray setting,
Custom Paper Settings.

Chose a custom paper Setting entry, name it properly and change the "Adjust Image Transfer". You will have to test it out on your paper - I would suggest in small increments. range goes from 50 to 150.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi MikeI'm not sure where to 'log in' - I am using a Mac computer if that makes any difference. Can you give me more specific steps to get to this custom paper setting.
Thanks
Lauren

Unfortunately, it's not very simple if you haven't done it before. You have to be in the user interface - once you are, here are the steps:

1. STEP 1: After logging in as System Administrator, select the button (on the right) on the UI for “Machine Status”

STEP 2: Select the “Tools” tab. Within this tab you will see three columns. The left column you want to select “System Settings”. For the middle column [Group] select “Common Service Settings”. For the right column [Features] select “Paper Tray Settings”.

STEP 3: Within the new window, select “Custom Paper Settings” on the left. Then select 1 of the 10 profile slots available and “Change Settings” located in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

STEP 4: Select “Adjust Image Transfer”. The default setting for this is probably ‘Auto’ so you will want to select ‘Manual’ and then bump the numbers DOWN for both sides of the paper.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know what the 'user interface' is?
I think this is turning out to be very confusing- do you know of another A3 monochrome laser printer which has settings to either put more toner on the page or change the heat settings which is easier?
Thanks

Yes. On the LaserJet 4300, setting the fuser temp is easily accessed by selecting the "Configure Device" menu from the LCD panel. It is under print quality, then fuser modes. Must easier than on a Xerox. Xerox thinks this should be done by a tech... but they think just about everything should be done by an overpriced service call. HP intends for this to be a user function.