VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

Can you please tell me the steps to wipe the memory of a

Customer Question

Can you please tell me the steps to wipe the memory of a Sharp MX B402 copier. This copier was in a doctors office so all records need to be wiped permanently. Thank you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assit you in resolving this issue....

Delete All Quick Files

This function deletes all files except protected files from the Quick File Folder. Delete Now Touch this key to start deletion of all files immediately. Delete Quick Files at Power Up This is used to automatically delete all files in the Quick File Folder (with the exception of protected files) when the [POWER] key ( ) is turned "on"

Chime in and let me know of your results...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This function does not permanently delete the files...they will still be on the hard drive...I need to know how to wipe them permanently or if that cannot be done I need the instructions on how to remove the hard drive. Thanks.

Instructions are below:

1. Open Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), tapping or clicking Settings, tapping or clicking Change PC settings, and then tapping or clicking Update and recovery.

2. Tap or click Choose how updates get installed.

3. Under Important updates, choose the option that you want.

4. Under Recommended updates, select the Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updatescheck box.

5. Under Microsoft Update, select the Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows check box, and then tap or click Apply.

Here you go:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/ML-2955DW/XAA

Sorry Sir or Madam, I posted info of another question my fault. I will correct this shortly...

Automatic Deletion of File Settings
Time and folder settings can be configured to have files in specified folders (stored by document filing) automatically
deleted at a specified time. Up to 3 settings can be stored to be automatically deleted.
The procedure for using this function is as follows:
(1) Select one of [Setting 1] to [Setting 3].
(2) Set the time and date of automatic deletion.
(3) Select the desired folder.
(4) Specify whether or not protected files and confidential files are to be deleted.
(5) Enable the stored settings.

Then, Enable Protected File Deletion and Confidential File Delete from the Menu. Then use the steps before sent to delete files from your Printer...