John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just purchased a wireless cannon Pixma MG8820

Customer Question

I just purchased a wireless cannon Pixma MG8820 printer/scanner/copier. I have power, ink cartridges installed, a printed alignment sheet printed out, the bluetooth light is on. The printer screen told me to scan the alignment sheet, This is where I am stumped. The scanner is doing nothing and my mac computer is not picking up the new printer. The CD that came with the printer is for a PC and I have a mac computer and I do not have a cd device. Usually I can follow a manual but I do not know what manual to download. can you help me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem.

The printer is telling you to place the alignment sheet on the glass and press the scan function on the printer control panel. Is the control panel completely locked up?