Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My Epsom xp200 won't print, says its out of paper but it's

Customer Question

Hi, my Epsom xp200 won't print, says its out of paper but it's not. I've turned off and disconnected everything and unistalled and reinstalled program....
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The out-of-paper condition, if signaled or indicated from the printer itself, is nothing to do with the driver on the computer. But it could perhaps be owing to the nature of the last print job sent to the printer (and still, perhaps, unsent and in the printer's queue.)

Turn Off the printer again. Go to the printer's queue, and delete/remove/clear any print jobs present. (I can instruct you on how to do so if you're not certain - just tell me what computer you have, Windows or Apple, please, in that case.)

Another test for whether the out-of-paper message could be generated by the computer, is to simply disconnect the printer from the computer. Turn the printer Off. Wait several minutes, turn it On again, still disconnected from the computer. If the paper out message is now gone, you have a problem on the computer for sure, I think.

If the problem is not on the computer, one basic test is to put paper in *all* paper sources or paper trays - including a page in the manual feed slot, if there is one.

After that, you could have a defectively installed paper tray - remove any trays, examine carefully, put only 25 or less sheets of normal sized paper in it/them, and put carefully into the printer again.

Let me know what happens.