Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My Epsom 3880 pro will print a page of Kodak matte paper

Customer Question

My Epsom 3880 pro will print a page of Kodak matte paper from the sheet feeder perfectly well, it pulls the next sheet about 3-4 inches, pauses a second and then ejects it with a "paper error" message. Sometimes it will print 2-3 pages before this happens, but then it may continue ejecting 3-4 pages in a row before deciding to print one
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What you describe could be a consequence of a hardware failure - probably a paper position/presence sensor - or, it could be a consequence of a wrong setting in the printer's driver settings or Properties (on Windows PCs).

The first setting to check on in this case, is the automatic size sensing function, which if you disable it, may correct the problem.

Also check whether you have chosen the exact right settings size. While an ill-detected settings size might be caused by a slightly defective paper position sensor, it could also be caused by a slightly inexact size being entered e.g. in a Custom or User Defined paper size.