Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

MY PRINTER WON'T PRINT THE BLACK LETTERS

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What model printer is this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
EPSON WF2630

Load a few sheets of plain paper in the product.

Press the up or down arrow button, select Setup, and press the OK button.

1. Select Maintenance and press the OK button.
  2. Press the up or down arrow buttons, select Print Head Cleaning, and press the OK button.
  3. Press one of the Start buttons to start the cleaning cycle. The power light flashes throughout the cleaning cycle and stays on when the cleaning cycle is finished.

Caution:

Never turn off the product during a cleaning cycle or you may damage it.

4. Press the OK button to run a nozzle check to confirm that the print head is clean.

If you don’t see any improvement after cleaning the print head up to 4 times,leave the product turned on and wait at least 6 hours. Then try cleaning the print head again. If quality still does not improve

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is a small area on the ink cartridges ink will come out of when pushed that is normal just get any dried ink off of that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.