littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Technician
Experience:  Printer expert
63817454

I need to have two t shirts designs screen printed. one with

Customer Question

I need to have two t shirts designs screen printed. one with water base ink the other one with plastisol ink. Do I have to give coated or uncared Pantone color codes to screen printer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. I do a lot of ordering shirts and glasses, and yes, we provide the PMS code to the printer. Some printers don't use them, they use their eye, in my experience. If you have the PMS code, great. Otherwise, they can match it up with the graphics you send to them.

If you want an exact color, then provide a PMS code and go with a printer that uses them. Otherwise, most printers get the colors close enough that you can't tell the difference.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But my question is which pantone color code to give for when water base and plastisol? I think it would be good to give uncoated for water base and coated for plastisol but wanted to double check with expert.

That part I'm unfamiliar with, I'll open the question back up. Don't rate my service, you may be charged twice.