Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Canon pixma MP990 says B200 then printer error has occurred.

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, Canon pixma MP990 says B200 then printer error has occurred. Unplug power cord and contact service center
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's it. Was working fine until suddenly showing this message
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Cam Can't wait today but I'll come back to do so. The charge will be fine. Thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

he error code b200 usually indicates an issue with printhead

there are few intermediate steps that we can try

turn off printer and unplug power cord....Keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs
wait for 2 mins
plug in power cord and turn on printer and check

if still error repeats try the below
remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
once these steps have been done turn on printer and check

if even after that the error code continues the printhead may need to be replaced..

if unit is within warranty you may contact canon at 1-800-OK-CANON else if out of warranty you may get it serviced through a local printer repair store

you can also order printhead online and replace it yourself
here is a link of replacement printheads available at ebay and amazon
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Genuine-Canon-QY6-0078-Printhead-for-Canon-MP990-996-Print-head-/291325105352

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Canon-Printhead-Qy6-0078-mg6120/dp/B0086GR31E

i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further

Thanks for choosing Just Answer

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!