Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I HAVE A COLOR QUBE 8580 PRINTER CAN I USE 8580 / 8570 INK

Customer Question

i HAVE A COLOR QUBE 8580 PRINTER
CAN I USE 8580 / 8570 INK STICKS? (EXAMPLE -108R00947 MAGENTA)
THE ONES i JUST RECIEVED DO NOT GO DOWN THE SHOOT PROPERLY
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Let me know the part# ***** the ink sticks you just recieved

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

the ink stick part# ***** MAGENTA that you have listed above works with the color qube 8570 model

however for the 8580 series printer that you have it would be best to buy the ink sticks directly from xerox

i am listing the link below for the same

http://www.office.xerox.com/printers/color-printers/colorqube-8580/supl-enus.html

i would suggest to return the ones you just received and buy the correct ones from the link above

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further.

Thanks for choosing just answer

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the depth of answer your group provides? mmmmmm better get my refund started now!!!!!
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

yes i can only provide correct cartridge details to you however if you have purchased incorrect ones i would not recommend forcing them inside the printer to avoid damage to both printer and ink (which you can return but if damaged you would not be able to return the ink)

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

further i asked you to share the cartridge part# ***** you have not confirmed so considering that you got the magenta one that you posted in your question post as an example i have listed the possibilities

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i hope you understand that with limited information from customer i can only provided possible options

further i have mentioned that you can let me know if you have any more questions and i am ready to answer

Thanks for choosing just answer

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK let's follow up on the generic answer to go to Xerox for different ink;
IS THERE A WAY to use the ink purchased in a Xerox 8580 colorqube printer?
I have searched the Xerox site extensively for a view of a different printer (8580 METERED PRINTER) -
the type stated on the ink box from xerox ( I was clear these are xerox ink sticks)
and
there is NO METERED 8580 PRINTER.....
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

did you check the link i gave above

i am reposting it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wow
yes....I found that by searching Xerox on my own before trying your service......
I am practical and it is obvious that Xerox has created a variety of inks and possibly they decided to create slight variety of shape changes to the sticks to keep printer owners buying only xerox sticks. Did you know that there are several alternate sources that provide sticks and the means to allow the printer to injest the stick even though it is slightly different in shape....my printer and the printed pages are just fine (I am refering to my xerox 8880 printer here)
SO
yet another ref to a xerox web page is not what I call in depth expert support for a fee
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

well i will opt out of this question as being an expert i will not suggest something that is not recommended by manufacturer because in case if it affects the product it would be my advise that would be considered as the cause for it and not the customer trying out non recommended inks in the printer