Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

MyXP-410 will not print. It says tp reload paper but paper

Customer Question

MyXP-410 will not print. It says tp reload paper but paper is loaded. It will pick up a piece of paper and send it through but does not print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Could you please provide me some more details about this issue?

Does it prints blank?

Or, it doesn't prints at all and throws an error"out of paper".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does not print but does not say error when it sends paper out-it just says out of paper reload paper

The most common and likely cause to this type of problem is either some foreign object/paper dust is stuck in the paper feed or printer, or the paper sensor in the feed tray has become dirty or defective.

Turn Off the printer, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely.Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.

Next, take moistened Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder using it. Then blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust and to dry the rollers.

Holding the printer in both hands , turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.

Then plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.Then try to print again.

If still it doesn't helps then as a last resort you can try forcing a thick paper or fold a A4 piece of paper in half, and then by hand push it through the machine, hopefully this may push any objects out.

After that turn the printer OFF, when it is on, by unplugging it from the power source.
Then unplug it from the computer and leave it that way for 10 minutes. Then replace everything back.

Tell me how it goes!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Paper goes through fine; it does not print

Would you like me to remote in your computer and work on the issue directly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What is the operating system of your computer?

for eg: windows 7, windows 8 etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mac OSX 10.10.6

Please click the following link to download team viewer:
http://tinyurl.com/q7dwcks

Save the file first, then open it up. You will be provided with an ID and password ***** back with the same