Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have an error code of OxF1 and have not been successful in

Customer Question

Customer: I have an error code of OxF1 and have not been successful in using my printer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the paper is jamming and tells me to turn the power off and on again. When i hit the power bottom it does nothing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

That is an epson error code, what is the model of the printer, and when was it purchased?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WorkForce WF3620
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sept 1 ,2015
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting for your assistance
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Please give me a moment to respond - every time you send a reply, I lose what I'm working on and have to start all over.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

This error is not related to the paper jam, though it could be damage caused by a prior jam.

This specific error indicates a defective printhead. Epson heads are not serviceable, so there is really nothing you can do at the end user level - the printer would have to be replaced, as this is considered a "fatal error" in this model.

Your best recourse here is to first try contacting the retailer and ask if they will exchange/refund it for you. If you are past the return policy, then the next best option is to contact epson warranty support at(###) ###-####/p>

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome, and best of luck to you.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,