VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have a brother MFC-j4510DW printer. My os is ubuntu by

Customer Question

I have a brother MFC-j4510DW printer. My os is ubuntu by linux. Previously I was able to program the printer into my computer but I had to replace the harddrive and I have been unable to make the printer work since. Do you have any cd's that are compatible with linux or advice As to what I can do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue Sir or Madam. Here is the needed link to the software. As Ubuntu is closer to Debian, the Debian Driver should work Sir or Madam:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=mfcj4510dw_us_eu_as

Chime in and let me know of your results. As a resource I have attached:

Launch the printer configuration tool on your Linux desktop and startadding a printer. (On Ubuntu, open the System Settings window and click Printers, or launch the Printers application from the Dash.) Depending on the type of printer protocol you've selected, you may need to provide printer drivers

http://www.howtogeek.com/215235/how-to-install-printer-drivers-on-linux/

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you serious? Do you think for one moment I would contact you prior to contacting Brother for support? Obviously I have already done this and they have responded with they do not support linux. So now I have contacted you and I get this lame advice.
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 10 months ago.

As various Distro's of LINUX are related to each other as far as software running on each. I am KALI LINUX Engineer as well as a Red Hat SA, in my job Sir or Madam we find work around a daily.

Did you try the steps outlined above??