Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a brother MFC-9340CDW it will not print and tells me

Customer Question

I have a brother MFC-9340CDW it will not print and tells me that it is not turned on but it is i have restarted my computer several times as well a turning the printer off and on and disconnecting and reconnecting what else can i do>?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

How is the printer connected currently? Usb, wifi, ethernet?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
with a usb cable
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but we also have wifi
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

You'll need to reinstall/update the printer drivers for it to reconnect.

Go to the start menu, settings, devices/printers, click the Epson, then Remove Device.

Reboot your computer (bookmark this page first, to get back to it after), then when it comes back on CLICK HERE

to download and install the latest drivers. Click on the full driver/software package.

Note that if using USB, you need to choose "local printer" (not network) during the install.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
there is no link to click
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
am i uninstalling the printer?
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Yes, you are uninstalling. My apologies I typed epson earlier but meant brother of course.

Uninstall

reboot

reinstall via the above link

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that solution only worked once. back to the same problem. says my printer is off
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

And this is via usb?
Do you have the same printer installed on any other computer, and if so is it stable there?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no it is only connected to my computer. it appears to be working now. i got busy and didn't want to mess with it anymore and it started connecting. must've been a wifi issue i think
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

If you were using it via wifi then yes, intermittent connection drops are common. If you reinstall as usb only it should remain stable.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.