Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Seting new Epson420 Printer Error Code 0x10 appears

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Is this a brand new printer, John?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error"

Specifically, it is the result of a bad scanner ccd head/pcb (or the logic board that controls it).

There is one step you can take here, to reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

To reset:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If no change, it would confirm a hardware fault - it was most likely bad from the factory, or damaged in shipping.

The best recourse there is to return it to the retailer for a refund/exchange.

Best regards,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.