Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have a brother HL-3170CDW and used to have custom print

Customer Question

Customer: i have a brother HL-3170CDW and used to have custom print size but it's gone
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i'm trying to print on a 6x6 paper and i don't have the option to create a custom size to print... i used to until i upgraded to windows 10
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure about how long is a bit?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

brother has a nice little note on this printer that says "upgrading to windows 10 may make some features of the printer driver not work"

now you have to uninstall all the brother software as on this page

which shows windows 8 because they wanted you to do it before you upgraded

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl3170cdw_all&faqid=faq00000071_005#Win8

but if you cant find it they should be in the start menu all programs under brother or the control panel add remove programs

then remove the printer from the printers folder

then download and run the windows 10 version of the brother software from this link

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl3170cdw_all

and run that to re install the printer