John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a epson nx420 after changing the cartridges I have a

Customer Question

I have a epson nx420 after changing the cartridges I have a code W-11 and nothing works
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** allow me to assist you with your question today. I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Are you using genuine Epson cartridge? Or generic/refilled one?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using genuine Epson. Part number T125520
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John do you have an idea what,s wrong yet?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. I apologize for the long delay.

W-11 means "cannot recognize the ink cartridge(s) shown on the LCD panel. Install them correctly".

So, make sure they are installed correctly and you removed the shipping-tape that some cartridges have.

If no luck, and if you are sure the ink cartridge is good, then the printhead is defective, unfortunately. We can try with a Print Head Cleaner <==== CLICK HERE. The printhead cleaner kits usually work.

If the printer does not work even after cleaning the printheads, and if you are sure the cartridges are OK, then the printer is defective, unfortunately.

=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!
=====