Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have a HP photosmart 8750 when I put in new cartridges it

Customer Question

Customer: I have a HP photosmart 8750 when I put in new cartridges it goes into startup then it needs to calibrate when I push the check button to start calibration it shuts off and goes through the restart mode over again. what do I do about this Oh mY name is Callen \
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well it will not come out of calibration mode just continues to restart over and over when I press the ok button to calibrate the machine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Callen,

You can try an Ink System Reset. To do this:

Remove all ink cartridges, Close the Carriage Access Door.

Unplug the power cord directly from the back of the printer.Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source.If the power cord had a power module, unplug and replug it.

After 60 seconds, plug the power cord directly into a wall outlet ( not a surge protector or battery backup ).

Plug the cord into the back of the printer. When the printer powers up and asks for ink cartridges, install them one at a time. Open the access door, put the back of the ink cartridge in, press the front of the cartridge down until you here it snap, close the access door long enough for the cartridge to register. Open the door and repeat the process until all inks are installed.