John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Trying to print but am getting a pop up message "printer is

Customer Question

Trying to print but am getting a pop up message "printer is in error state" how do I clear it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** allow me to assist you with your question today, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Please try downloading the drivers for your printer and operative system from the Dell's website. Then install them and try to print.

You didn't tell us which operative system you have, so I cannot give you the link to download the drivers you need. You can reply to this message and let me know which OS do you have (Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.10, etc). If you are not sure please click here www.whatsmyos.com and let me know which OS is listed there.

Also, is your printer connected to your computer with a USB cable? If it is, please unplug the USB cable and plug it to a different USB port into your computer. Then try again printing.

If it doesn't work, please let me know the following clicking reply:

1- OS of your computer

2- Is your printer connected to the computer with a USB cable, or is it wireless?

3- Did you change something recently? Computer, OS version, internet provider, etc?

Thanks,

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====