Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

How do I clear a paper jam when I cant see any

Customer Question

how do I clear a paper jam when I cant see any
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

It is possible for a damaged sensor to cause a persistent jam message when there isn't a jam. But first, let's exhaust all other possibilities.

Please take a piece of card stock or something similar, and, with the printer unplugged, force it through the paper path in the normal direction of the paper. This will make certain the path is clear, even of tiny pieces of debri and in places where you cannot see. Then, with the paper removed, turn the printer over and give it a little shake. This gets out anything that may have dislodged in the previous step. Once you've done that, plug the printer back in and give it a try. Believe it or not, this simple procedure solves the majority of seemingly unexplained "paper jam" errors.