John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Our Canon MG5600 printer usually works very well but, this

Customer Question

Our Canon MG5600 printer usually works very well but, this morning, it would not print a document and the message said "Printer not responding". How can I fix the problem, please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not print from the computer)?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Also, is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can still use the printer as a photocopier
The computer has Windows 10
Wireless connection
The printer has worked well in the past. Suddenly it gives either a "Printer in an error state" or "printer not responding" message and has not functioned properly since.

Thank you for replying back. What's the status of the wi-fi/wireless light /icon on the printer's screen?

Have you tried to disconnect the power cords from both the printer and the internet / wireless modem/router device(s) for a few minutes, then reconnect, then turn on printer and check?

; if that does not work, have you gone to the printer's screen, then go to the WLAN / wireless setup option there, and connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name and check?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.