Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I am using a artisan 810 when I print note cards with

Customer Question

I am using a artisan 810 when I print note cards with borders they are not even or straight
I have to have borders because I am using 7x10 paper which is a user defined size
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the image on the paper being printed a little askew, or crooked? if so, the note cards may be feeding into the printer a little irregularly. I advise these measures to try to correct the tendency to printing crookedly:

- 1: place the blank paper stock into the paper tray with the paper guides snug up against the paper stack, and make sure the paper stack is smooth-edged (all the paper sheets lining up with each other, and held firmly in that regular order.)

- 2: clean the paper pickup / paper feed rollers, the ones that propel the paper into the machine and through the printing process. That way one roller will not feed the paper in more than the other, twisting the paper out of 'straight' a bit, and resulting in the crooked printing.

Cleaning the paper pickup and paper feed rollers may be done as follows:

If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening.

Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.

Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over.

(If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.)

Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.