Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a c6150 and a piece of paper got wrapped around the

Customer Question

I have a c6150 and a piece of paper got wrapped around the fuser drum, and the 980 fatal error came up.
I was able to gently remove the paper, however I can't clear the error.
can you assist
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There are several approaches to this problem.

The simplest - and sometimes most expensive - is to replace the fuser, which is supposed to reset the error. (The only time that does not cost something, is when the fuser is provided free under warranty after you call Okidata about the problem. That's *if* your printer is still within warranty.)

Then, there's using a wire to reset the error. It sounds dangerous, and is quite non-standard, as approaches go. You could damage the printer rather easily.

And then... there's prevention. Take great care to only use print media officially approved for use with this printer model by Okidata, and leave the back tray open to discourage the wrapping-around-the-fuser problem from happening.