Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

My workforce 633 scanning function simply scans to my

Customer Question

My workforce 633 scanning function simply scans to my documents when I select scan a pdf via usb to computer. Now suddenly it opens a scanner dialog box asking about jpegs and is a long convoluted process. I have unplugged - shut down and still happening.
Please help!
Many Thanks
Derek Barichievy Langley BC
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

When you open the EPSON Scan program on the computer, are you able to scan with PDF there?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my phone number is(###) ###-####

I do live online support. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i would like that but do not want to pay more on top of what i have already paid with my pay pal account

OK, no problem. First, do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer? And/or what's the brand/model of your computer? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
windows 8 Acer AspireAXC 600 EB2B

Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d7613b8e-0c82-46ce-939f-60cf62856c86

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I'm sorry; I'm out of ideas, so I'm opening this issue to other experts. Please do not wait; you will get an email message when there is a response from another expert. Thank you.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

I have a epson workforce and thats the way the epson scan works. Its a royal pain where you have to tell it what to call the file and what type of file that you want and where to save it before it scans.

You may have been using another program to do the scanning before. or an older version that updated itself

If it just changed recently you might be able to get it back the way it was by doing a system restore to when it was doing what you wanted it to do.

System restore instructions - windows 7 or 8 or 10

hold the windows logo key down and hit R
type rstrui.exe in the run box that comes up and hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settngs box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Robert,Sorry for delay in replying to you - have been out of town. WIll try your recommendation.Regards,Derek

ok let me know. I will be around most of this afternoon and all day tomorrow

just post back in when you can

thanks