Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

From Nie Funeral Home. we have a Brother printer/fax model

Customer Question

This is Kathy from Nie Funeral Home. we have a Brother printer/fax model MFC-736ON Serial #462700F3N591866. When I send a fax - the receiving person has dark stripes on the paper. There is nothing on my screen or printer bed that should make those marks.
What could the problem be?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. This usually happens if a fax machine needs a new drum. The line is a sort of warning indicator for the part needing to be replaced. This would be on their machine though and not yours the part would be needed for. If this is happening to multiple people/machines let me know. If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars/smileys it is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions at all let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is not happening to things I receive. It is happening to things I send, to different locations. So I do not think the drums of various businesses are failing.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There are multiple lines, making the fax almost unreadable.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Our incoming faxes do not have these lines, but the people receiving our faxes have lines. However if we make a copy it has the lines.

That is actually why I asked if it was happening with multiple numbers. That would mean it is your machine. If you are making a copy with lines as well that is not good. When you print do you get lines? If you copy a blank sheet does it have lines?