Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My name is ***** ***** and I am having issues with my Cannon

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, my name is ***** ***** and I am having issues with my Cannon Image Runner C5051
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, I wish to clear the printer log stored on the printer, but I am not sure how to
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To clear the log, either print it out (*See below!) using the built-in functions in the printer's own menu, or also perhaps use the Web-based interface (by accessing the printer's IP Address, if it is networked, through a web browser program such as Internet Explorer) to print out or delete that log.

Otherwise, clearing the printer should be done by turning it Off and going to the printer queue on the computer, and clearing the queue of jobs that might be in it - if any.

To print out the log:

- press COPY/PRINT, then press LOG.

- select the job type (e.g. Fax, Copy, Print, etc.) you want to print the log of

- press the Print List button at the bottom.