John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Am I in right spot printer/scanner support? Their site and

Customer Question

Am I in right spot for Canon printer/scanner support? Their site and manuals suck and are of no help. Today I tried everything I can think of on my own with the printer and laptop.
I bought a new Canon Pixma MG5520 printer. I spent all day yesterday getting it to print properly from my new HP laptop. Mission accomplished. Today 4 hours trying to get it to scan. No progress. Where do I start and what are the steps I take on each device? Thanks.
I have windows 10. Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when scanning?

Is the printer connected to the laptop with a cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for this delayed response. I have had computer issues, and the holidays didn't help.

My credit card has been billed $32.09 already and am wondering why. I am more than willing to pay this amount, but haven't gotten a solution to my problem.

There is no error message on either the printer/scanner screen or the computer screen.

I follow the steps on the printer/scanner screen to the last step which is pushing the green diamond. This initiates on the screen

"Processing.....Please wait Momentarily" for about 30 seconds. Then returns to the previous screen each time push the green diamond.

I am unable to find anything related to the scanner on the lap top.

The printer is connected to the laptop via USB, and I have reloaded the drivers from the CD that came with the printer (twice).

Yes, I will be more than happy to do a remote session on the computer with you.

Incidentally, the printer and copier functions work fine.

Thanks very much. I really need to get this scanner working ASAP for 2016.

I'm sorry. Your deposit is refundable if you are not satisfied at the end; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. When you open the program called IJ Scan Utility from your computer (from Start -> All Apps -> Canon Utilities, does it scan there?

If needed, have you tried to do a system restore?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.