Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

Sharp er-a 330 cash register went dead. After battery

Customer Question

Sharp er-a 330 cash register went dead. After battery replacement, the department led light shows E
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Michael. I can help you with your question. If the battery was changed when there wasn't power, or if something went wrong during the change, you may have lost your programming. You can still do a reset on the register. Just be aware that you may have to program it from the start again. Here are two ways to do the reset.

1) Unplug the AC cord from the wall outlet.

2) Set the MODE switch to the (SRV ) position.

3) Plug in the AC cord to the wall outlet.

4) While holding down JOURNAL FEED key, turn to (SRV) position

from (SRV ) position.

Procedure-2 (without SRV key)

1) Turn the mode switch to the (REG) position.

2) Ensure the batteries are not installed in the battery compartment

and insert the plug into the outlet.

3) The right most decimal point will blink for a few seconds.

4) The register will sound three beeps.

5) The register will display ; L 0000

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Step 4 confuses me. "turn to SRV position from SRV position" Did you mean "REG" position somewhere in this tip?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We seem to be able to program this register, but when we key a sales amount, and press a department sales key, the display shows a blue colored E, and we must press the clear key, with no transaction verified.

It looks like the service manual says exactly, which now that I am looking at it, doesn't make sense. Try this - it should do the same thing:

1) Set the mode switch to PGM2 position.

2) Turn off the AC switch.

3) While holding down JOURNAL FEED key and RECEIPT FEED

key, turn on the AC switch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems to work, but when we take z readings, pap er tape indicates totals are finalized, but those totals don't flush from memory. Now what?

The memory may be corrupt. This procedure will do a full clear of all the memory. If you do this, you will have to program the register again, but this might be the only option.

2) Set the MODE switch to the (SRV′) position.

4) While holding down JOURNAL FEED key, turn to (SRV) position from (SRV′) position.

And I made sense of that last line.I wasn't thinking hard enough. What it means is to start with the key in the SRV position, then at number 4, just turn it to any other position.