Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I've replaced the magenta cartridge in my epson wf-7620

Customer Question

Hi, I've replaced the magenta cartridge in my epson wf-7620 printer. It reads as full and I received confirmation that the cartridge was installed correctly, but it still does not print red colors. Can you advise? Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

James,

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function, if it doesn’t work try it a second time. If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning.

I have to caution you up front though that the manual cleaning process is messy and time consuming. It also has a low chance of success, if you see no improvement at all from the automated cleaning. It is most likely a hardware failure (bad head) which the cleaning can’t fix, as printheads are a wear item and do fail with time/use.

Since this is a 2014 model, you may still be under warranty.

That said, it doesn’t hurt to try, if you wish. Let me know how the built in cleaning function works and the age of the printer, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, or I can recommend other options if you prefer.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,