Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My MG5250 has decided not to scan; it has always worked

Customer Question

Customer: My MG5250 has decided not to scan; it has always worked perfectly ever since I bought it 3 years ago, but today it will not scan. Prints OK from the computer and photocopies fine, but will not scan.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My system is MacBook Pro operating on OS X El Capitan version 10.11.1 (updated a month ago). Printer is hard-wired not Wifi.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please go to the link below, download and install ICA driver.

http://support-au.canon.com.au/contents/AU/EN/0100658714.html

After installing that, try scanning using Image Capture.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N