Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have a Att modem (although I recently switch to direct TV)

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Att modem for Uverse (although I recently switch to direct TV) and I am trying to hook up my cannon 922 fax/(printer copier) to the modem with out success. The ATT modem has about 11 openings in the back. HELP
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Can't seem to get the phone and fax to both work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: If you take AMEX
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

is that the pixma 922 printer ?

if it is you cant hook it up to the network using a cable the way you think

you CAN hook it in using the built in wifi though.

the easiest way to do that is to run the install software from canon and as it runs tell it that you want to hook it up wirelessly

you still then have to hook it directly to the computer with a usb cable when it asks you to

then it will ask you for the router passkey

and then it will ask you to remove the cable.

the printer will then be accessible through the network

you can download the install software from this page

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-series-inkjet/mx922/!ut/p/z1/tZHLdoIwEIafxYXLnOSEi7BEwGoVq7ZVyIaTAGqsBMVY7ds36d3ay-miWU1m_nz_TAYSGEMi6D1fUMkrQdfqnhA7jcZdp9vz0eCqg0PkRTfTQWT0DDSx4RQSSDIhN3IJk4yKSqSiOBwKlm7qKt9nctdEHyMuZFGriIu7VSFBuV9LPt-LTPs1UXkEu6LmxQ4813XGxVh7bDKew4Q6hskKnIHcdhAwbYaAa2GmIpNlpmHNLUa1WlIGk7zm98oMzn4bgqgy-uZ4SL0nT5I3Apq4LeTZgd11h23UG1tngmnbVAI38A3c0ZQXwQ8miWqy9U64CPuKEAYdJ2i7uB-24LVmzPwoHd-GE6U-GfFvH3R52u35h6i189V2Szy120pt7Chh_G_LVWa4jvxooWagcqmq8wrGrzQYf0WD8WeazmjapiwdowQx4qOyHA0BYQ8Hz2s0HgEiX7Xu/dz/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/?tab=drivers#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25

If you like i can get you my phone number and log in remotely to go through the whole process with you and get it working in about 15 minutes probably