Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have a hp deskjet printer 2050. Having problems printing.

Customer Question

I have a hp deskjet printer 2050. Having problems printing. I have new ink cartridge. keeps telling me to align page.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question. I'm assuming you've done the usual steps - when you replace a cartridge, it should run an alignment automatically - printing out a page which tells you to put it on the scanner. If not, you can do the alignment through the print driver as long as you have the HP software installed.

Step one: Finish the software installation

Follow these steps to finish the software installation.

1. Press the Cancel button () on the control panel to stop the alignment.

2. Use one of the following methods to install the software.

• Insert the software CD that shipped with the product. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.

• Click here to download and install the latest version of the software . Click the model number for your product, and then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the software.

NOTE: Before clicking the link, bookmark this page in your Web browser. After you click the link and the software downloads and installs, use the bookmark to return to this page and proceed with the next step.

Step two: Align the product through the print driver

Follow these steps to manually align the product through the print driver.

1. Open the HP product software:

• Windows XP: Click Start (), click All Programs, click HP, click the folder for your HP product, and then click the icon for your HP product ().

• Windows Vista or Windows 7: Click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click HP, click the folder for your HP product, and then click the icon for your HP product ().

NOTE: You can also open the HP product software from your computer desktop: double-click the icon for your HP product ().

The product software opens.

2. In the product software, double-click Printer Actions ().

3. Double-click Maintenance Tasks (). The HP Toolbox opens.

4. Click Align Ink Cartridges, and then follow the on-screen instructions to print the alignment page.

5. Lift the scanner lid.

6. Place the alignment page with the printed-side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. S

7. Close the scanner lid.

8. Press the Start Copy Black button () to begin the scan. The product automatically aligns the cartridges.

9. Wait until the Power light () stops blinking, which indicates that the cartridge alignment is complete.