John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I'm ***** *****. I have a Canon MG6460 printer that is

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I'm ***** *****. I have a Canon MG6460 printer that is printing thin green and pink vertical lines right across my page and can't seem to fix it. I've tried all the cleaning maintenance options, including taking out and cleaning the print head, and print head alignment. The lines won't go away. Anything else I can try?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I print a full page coloured image, across the whole page appears thin double banded green lines and faint, wider pink lines.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes. That's fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Actually, the lines are printing horizontally on an A4 page and vertically on a landscape page.
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Are you using genuine Canon cartridges, or generic/refilled ones?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am using a combination of generic filled and genuine cartridges.
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

OK, in order to isolate the issue we should try with genuine cartridges (not refilled). If you still get the issue using those, then I am afraid the printhead is defective. In that case we can use a printhead cleaning kit for your printer, like this one ===> Canon MG6460 Printhead Cleaning Kit <=== CLICK HERE

After cleaning the printhead with the cleaning kit, the issue should be gone. Otherwise you can try buying a new printhead but it is usually not worth it (usually it is more expensive than a new printer).

=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====