JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My printer, model #MF 8289 C w, will not print envelopes.

Customer Question

My printer, model #MF 8289 C w, will not print envelopes. The printer message states "No paper in printer." I'm printing envelopes which are loaded in the feeder tray, centered, and everything seems correct according to the manual. It's Christmas time, and I need to print evnelopes for clients ASAP. Please help.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The correct model number is ***** Cw
Expert:  JKalman replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I may be able to help you. According to the manual for your printer, you must select the paper size and type and select <Drawer 1> or <Drawer 2> (if your printer is equipped with two drawers). You have not mentioned this. Have you done this using the Select Paper>Settings menu on the printer control panel? Are there settings for envelopes? If not, you can set the size using a custom setting by setting the width <X> and length <Y> to inform the printer of the size of your envelopes.

Please let me know if my recommendations work for you.

If you are still having problems, or if you have any questions, please let me know.

IF I HAVE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, I WOULD APPRECIATE A GOOD OR AN EXCELLENT RATING. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is something wrong with the printer, and I have decided to return it to Fry's Electronics store for an exchange. Thanks for your concern.