Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Printer: Epson 730. I have bought new ink cartridges & have

Customer Question

Printer: Epson 730. I have bought new ink cartridges & have installed them repeatedly & my computer is still telling me that I need the color that I hve replaced. Please advise.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Do you use genuine Epson cartridges ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The box says epson.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Yes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thx.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the information. You said that, you are getting the message on PC, can you tell me what do you see on the printer screen.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Cannot recognize the following cartridges. Try installing them again.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Do you got this same message on the printer, before replacing the cartridge or something else ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Same....I think.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Please try to remind and let me know, because the difference in the message will effect the answer ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm fairly certain that it was the same message. The color showing is magenta & I have replaced both the magenta & the light pink just in case.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have also turned it off a couple of times to see if it could reset.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** message was same then, unfortunately the problem is with the printhead and not with the cartridge, because the printer detect the cartridges by the help of the printhead and if the printhead is fault then, the printer will not be able to detect the cartridges and display this error message.

If this is Canon printer then, you can replace the printhead at home as most of the canon printer model have user replaceable printheads, but in Epson printer, it is not possible at all. You have to send the printer to any repair shop for the replacement of the printhead.

Now, if the printer is more than three years old then, the replacement cost of the printhead will be same as the price of a new printer, now in my openion it will be best to replace the printer, instead of replacing the printhead.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Perfect. Thanks.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know, if you need any further help, otherwise please rememeber to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.