Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Kay
, Just replaced a cartridge Magenta in my new EPSON

Customer Question

Customer: Kay
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just replaced a cartridge Magenta in my new EPSON WF 2650. and now it is giving me error code F1 OX error code. I have shut it down 20 times. started and restarted the computer, unplugged the printer and every time I turn it all back on I get the error code.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK. Am still trying to fix it.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use, however these printers are designed for a service life of up to 3 years.

If you are still under the 1 year factory warranty, your best recourse here is to call epson at(###) ###-####to file a replacement claim, and they will send you a new printer.

If you've had it for more than a year, let me know and I'll explain a bit more about options for you.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The printer is brand new
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Need to fix this tonight
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

There is no fixing it, period. This is a "fatal error" related to a bad printhead.

The printer is defective, and has to be replaced. Even under warranty epson does not repair them only replace them, as the heads in these are not serviceable (the part can't be replaced).

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

There is no setting, reset, or other adjustment that can fix this, it is an internal hardware failure.

If it is brand new, then you can take it back to the store and they will replace/exchange it for you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry that there is no other option here, I wish it were a simple fix, but this error code is only ever the result of a permanent hardware error internally.

Replacement really is the only recourse in this situation.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.